The National Center for Transit Research, URISA and theTransportation Research Board are pleased to share the program details for the 10th National GIS in Transit Conference*, taking place September 6-8, 2017 in Washington, DC.
Four preconference workshops (both full and half-day) will be featured:
- Asset Management: Planning, Strategy and Implementation
- Using GTFS Data in ArcGIS
- Lead or Leading: Leadership Development for GIS/Transit Professionals
- GTFS & GIS 101: Introduction to GTFS Data Feeds and How to Use Them
There are fifteen can’t-miss breakout sessions with nearly 60 speakers:
- Advanced Development: TOD Real Estate, Analysis-Visualization, and GIS-Train Control
- Leveraging Data: Modeling and Planning for Transit Mobility
- Transit’s Impact on Property: Value, Use, and Opportunity
- Minding the Gap? Designing Transit Services to Fill Gaps and Enhance Access
- Planning to Plan? Various Techniques for GIS-Enhanced Planning
- Staying on Track? State of Good Repair and Railroad/Project Management
- Apps to Evaluate Apps? Mobile Development, App Analysis, and Visualization
- Safe Transit? Accident Hot Spots, Youth, and Safe Stops
- Tough Cookies? Accessibility, Simplifying Data, TNC vs Paratransit
- Better Links: Improving Services for Riders On-and-Off Transit
- Putting Transit on the Map: National Transit Map Backend, Multi-Modal Performance Measurement, GTFS Implementation in Small/Rural Areas
- Use Your Data: Applying Big Data, GIS/ITS/CAD, Fleet Bottlenecks
- A Thorough Tour of GTFS: Creating, Improving, Sharing, Finding
- America’s Next Stop Model: Better Ridership Forecasting Using GIS, GTFS, and Public Data
- There’s an Index for that: Developing Effective Transit Using Geoanalytical Insights
Top that off with keynote speakers and an Exhibition featuring the companies that can help agencies work more effectively!
Of course, the educational content qualifies for GISP education points and we’ll have the total number of approved AICP CM credits shortly. (In 2015, the conference was approved for 41 AICP CM credits.) Early bird registration discounts are available until July 5.
Visit the conference website for complete information about the presentations and speakers, registration and venue, and sponsorship opportunities.
*Note that the GIS in Transit Conference is only offered every other year, so don’t miss the opportunity to attend in 2017.