In an effort to end the federal budget impasse, as of April 12, 2011, the proposed federal budget cuts include the elimination of $680 million from public transportation grants, no funding for high-speed rail projects in 2011, and $400 million budgeted in 2010 for high-speed rail will be rescinded.
For more information, please visit the below articles:
- U.S. Federal Budget Cuts to Hit Cash-Strapped Cities, Transit (businessweek.com)
- U.S. high-speed rail program hit by deep budget cuts (cnn.com)
- The last-minute budget deal: What gets cut? (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- High-Speed Rail Funds Get Slashed in Detailed Budget Plan (dc.streetsblog.org)
- 2011 budget cuts revealed (ac360.blogs.cnn.com)